20160227

Run Ranger Run Bastard Build 2016 Day 6/7

5th stanza of the Ranger Creed repeat after me.

Energetically will I meet the enemies of my country. I shall defeat them on the field of battle for I am better trained and will fight with all my might. Surrender is not a Ranger word. I will never leave a fallen comrade to fall into the hands of the enemy and under no circumstances will I ever embarrass my country.

Yesterday got started on grinding main bevels on the Knife Maker Grinder ( KMG ). Everything went really smooth, and the blades are looking good.


Always checking the height of the grinds to ensure they are even on each side


This the initial grinds with a serrated wheel and 60 grit belts, You do all your rough work with this belt.the edges are thinned down to about .020 of a inch or about the thickness of two business cards. The serrated wheel cuts better and runs cooler as they blades are hard and you do not want to overheat the steel and ruin the temper.




From here we change to a smooth wheel and begin going up in grits basically polishing the blade. Removing the deeper scratches from the grit used before.



Since the day was going so well I began on the handles, spotting the drill holes, drilling and rough shaping.





This is the point I got to yesterday and today I will be refining and sanding handles. Hopefully be completed with that task and begin the sheaths.


See you guys tonight for a update.

RLTW!
SAR

No comments:

Post a Comment