20100703

Paris's knife is done.

I finished this order for a close friends son, I have known Paris (12) since he was born really great kid. It is a real honor to build his first custom knife, my only regret is I won't be able to give it to him in person.


He is a member of a wilderness survival group in San Francisco his Dad said they spend a great amount of time honing there craft in the vast coastal forest.

This is a modified design from my CPMD2 DP ( drop point ) model. Extended the blade 3/4" added a little more belly, a deeper finger grove and some file work for extra grip/indexing.
SAR CPMD2 S/E ( Survive and Escape )
CPMD2 with a HRc of 60
1/8"x9 1/4" OAL with a 4 1/4" hollow ground blade
Black coarse texture carbon fiber bead blast finish
Tumbled Finish
Black kydex drop leg rig w/ a New* SAR Fire-walker 5000 meter pace counter, Ferrocerium fire-steel rod set in F22 CF and SAR eclipse micro reflector signal device.
Black o'ring retention system
Simple 550 cord leg strap
Total weight 9.9 ounces

I have a few more in the works for Vegas at G2.

Happy 4th of July everyone
Thanks
SAR











1 comment:

  1. Ive seen this knife in action, I have held it in my hand. Pictures do not do it justice. This a truly functional piece of art. Paris is lucky.....cant wait to get mine in 1095!!!

    ReplyDelete