20160222

Day 3 Run Ranger Run 2016 Bastards

Second stanza of the Ranger creed repeat after me!

Acknowledging the fact that a Ranger is a more elite solider who arrives at the cutting edge of battle by land, sea or air, I accept the fact as a Ranger my country expects me to move further, faster, and fight harder than any other solider.  

Had to help a Ranger buddy and long time friend today, but still managed to get some work done on the Run Ranger Bastard 2016 build. Only one picture tonight and its epic, as this wood has been in my possession for give or take 8 years. My neighbor behind the shop is also a veteran, a doctor and is a "Master Carpenter" with a shop to die for.

He helped me book match the old red oak 2x4 which after close examination and mind you he is a tree farmer and really knows his wood. The plantation this wood came from is around post civil war era. So the wood going on this Bastard is well over 130-40+ years old and contains history of growth gain that is hard to find. It really is beautiful and when finished will be pretty awesome handles for a blade that will outlast us all. I have hopefully a little surprise on the finish of the wood by getting it checkered. The wood was sent off years ago for professional wood stabilization. Meaning its been treated with heat pressure and chemicals that preserve it forever.

Tomorrow is grind and heat treat day, hope to drop the box lid off for engraving, I can feel the crunch but I got this and it will happen.

RLTW!
SAR


No comments:

Post a Comment